Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Fabulous Liquor Cabinet

We have kept our liquor under our sink forever, never have had a real place to put it.  My bar glasses were over the sink where I had to get a ladder to have a glass of wine.  So, we were long overdue for someplace to put our booze.

Scene 1:  Garage sale down the street.  Found this cute cabinet for $40.00.  Fell in love.



Scene 2:  Clean this baby up.  It is extra-nasty-grimey.  I scrub with a brush and some TSP (tri sodium phosphate), then I sand--still yellow crud rolling off.



Scene 3: Finally, I deem it ready for paint. My choice:  A Coca-Cola red! I distressed it, in keeping with it's old/folksy style.




I did some additional sanding around the knobs, latch, and edges--where it would naturally be worn.



I love the detail on the side...





Scene 4: It seemed too dark inside, so I took the old girl uptown. I added a stainless steel contact paper made by Contact in the back wall and sides to reflect some light. I mounted it on foam board cut to fit the area so it would have a smooth finish.  I also added a cute striped shelf liner (actually, it is a foil finish gift wrapping paper.)



Final Curtain:  I now have somewhere to keep all my bar items in one place. No more digging under the kitchen sink for the booze!

ENCORE!  ENCORE!!

Peace, friends!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this cabinet! I have not done as many projects that I've found on Pinterest as you have, but I hope to do a few soon. Nice redo!

    ReplyDelete

COLLECTIONS I am not a collector. But for those of you who remember my mother, she was definitely a collector. Of things.  Of EVERYTHING. ...