Thursday, May 1, 2014

Flying



As a child I dreamt I could fly 



Soar at dawn across the sky 




Gazing down on the houses below 




Seeing things I couldn't possibly know 




The fading street lights, the shadowed yards 




The old dirt school yard where I played so hard 




The tiny churches where I learned to pray 




Never thinking I'd grow up some day 




Above the elevator, I'd fly so high 




With no fear that I might fall from the sky 




The dusty old fields, the tractors at rest 




As for dreams, this one was the best 




Again and again it would come in the night 




And while I slept I would take flight 




I'd awake in the morning, wishing it wouldn't end 




But I never told anyone, not even a friend 




"They'll think I'm crazy" is what I always thought 




But the freedom of that dream was constantly sought 




I wish I could dream it again to this day 




But I grew up somewhere along the way 




I still believe one day my soul will take flight 




And fly again over those houses at night 






Like ·  · 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COLLECTIONS I am not a collector. But for those of you who remember my mother, she was definitely a collector. Of things.  Of EVERYTHING. ...